Translate

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Infusing Oils with herbs (Calendula in this one)

Hello lovelies, Taz here. I have been making lots of ointments, lotion bars, lip balms and other stuff since for me this is the time of year to do that.. Well I am about to use the very last of my Calendula infused olive oil, so I thought I would make a quick post to show you how easy it is to make your own infused oils, this way you get all the benefits of the herbs in your products.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED.. this is the shortest easiest list ever.. seriously

Oil of your choice - I used Olive oil this time



Herb of your choice - I used Calendula this time.



Jar or container to store it in that is airtight. I just used one of the jars that I used last time.  and something to get the air bubbles out, I use a bamboo skewer.





WHAT YOU DO.. again.. this is SO EASY, its really hard to mess this up..

Put herbs in to Jar..



Shove them down



Keep filling till you are a bit over half way full of herbs once pressed down



Fill with your oil right to the bottom ridge of the lid area..



Now use your skewer and poke in there, and stir it gently to get all the air bubbles out.


Put your lid on, and shake it up, and then store in a nice cool dark area, shaking every day or two, and let steep for about 4-6 weeks..

Time consuming yes, but worth it.


Every time you are low, just make some more.. once you strain it out.. you will be left with lovely infused oil like this




There you go.. Nice beautiful infused oil to use in your next ointment, soap, lotion, etc..

Thank you for looking and if you make it I would love to see what you make!  Soon I will post Lip balm, Lotion bars, and more!   a new soap recipe will be up soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment