Translate

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Info on finding great things at great prices

First of all please do not think I am insulting your intelligence, That is so SO not the point of this, however some people often overlook things, or don't think of things.

I was looking at my local Buy and sell KSL, and I wanted to cry quite honestly.. someone was giving away FOR FREE 7 Chicks. Her son had won them for something to do with Ag class, but they did not have the set up for them.  So.. some lucky person got 7 free chicks! 

I Have been looking at Equipment and stuff to get into raising, and breeding Chickens, Rabbits and goats, and Honestly.. that stuff is QUITE expensive.. So I have been looking at second hand stuff, which at this point is Pointless for me except to annoy the snot out of my husband, who thinks we have enough crap so I am not allowed to stock up on stuff like that..

But if you are in a Situation where you are saving up for land, or a house of your own, where you can keep Rabbits or a few chickens, or if you already LIVE in a place like that.. CHECK YOUR BUY AND SELLS! DAILY! you will not be sorry.. yes some days they have squat, but some days they have amazing deals.. one of the things I wish I had a place for was 185 Gallon Water storage tank for 85 dollars!  That is an amazing deal, 50 gallon food grade Barrels 2 of them for 50 dollars, which is totally doable,  Someone was selling a chicken coop for 50 bucks, and there are days where you will find something that might need a bit of work.. okay.. so do the work if it is an easy fix.. I have also found that people are often willing to make a deal, or even trade.. which is awesome. 

Buying Second Hand can save you THOUSANDS of dollars on equipment, some people just want to get rid of stuff they no longer use because they upgraded or downgraded.. and they are willing to make a deal just to get rid of it..

If you want FREE 5 gallon Buckets, TALK TO YOUR LOCAL RESTAURANTS.  Most of them use Food grade 5 gallon buckets and will give them away to you because its cheaper than the price they pay to recycle them. 

If you want to make Biofuel, talk to those same places to see if you can have their dirty oil, again.. its easier and cheaper for them to give it to you than it is to recycle it or dispose of it! 

BUY in bulk! whenever you see a REALLY great deal.. buy in bulk, you can Can, dehydrate, or freeze A LOT of stuff. 


So yes.. some of this is probably stuff you already knew, but some stuff people don't think about.
I hope this has helped you and I hope you have a great day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment