Translate

Monday, May 9, 2016

Oatmeal Milk and Honey Recipe 1












Hello Lovelies, It's Taz here with another Soap Recipe for you. I will Again remind people that this is NOT a How to Blog post, it is simply the Recipe I use to make my soaps. Look on my Blog post for Vinolia soap, or Favorite Youtubers, posts for Where to go to learn about soap making and never attempt to make soap without proper Precautions and knowing at least the basics of soap making, and ALWAYS run any recipe through Soapcalc to make sure that you have it right. . With that said. HERE we go.

The Ingredients you will need are

Water
Lye NaOH
Coconut Oil 76 Deg
Vegetable Shortening 
Soybean oil 
Canola Oil 
Tussah Silk (If you choose to use )
Himalayan Pink Sea Salt (if you choose to use) 
Milk - 1/3 liquid 
Ground Oatmeal 
Honey 

Optional - Oatmeal Milk and Honey Fragrance oil 



The Percentage Recipe for this is as follows
Water as a percentage of water weight  38% 
Super fat discount 5% 
Lye 26.712% 


Coconut Oil 20.45%
Vegetable Shortening 54.55%
Soybean Oil 13.64%
Canola Oil 11.36% 



For my 2 Pound loaf Recipe this is the Amount of Lye, water, and oils That I used. Please Note that in EVERY Soap Recipe I add 1 TBSP of Pink Himalayan Sea salt and a cotton ball sized pinch of Tussah silk to the Lye water.


This Recipe is different than most recipes and I will do my best to explain.. I just kinda do my thing.. 

Water - 8.86 Ounces 
Lye - 4.46 ounces 

Coconut oil - 6.54 ounces
Vegetable Shortening - 17.46 
Soybean Oil - 13.46
Canola Oil - 11.36 

Okay AFTER you have Combined these to a VERY LIGHT trace you will add the following 

Milk/goat milk/ or Heavy Cream - 3.3 Ounces 
1/3 Cup Finely ground oatmeal 
1 TBSP Honey 
1 Ounce of Fragrance oil IF YOU CHOOSE to add this.


Okay I will give a Warning about this Recipe.. The Sugar in the Honey make this get REALLY REALLY hot.. so it has a possibility of Volcanoing.. so Stir in completely and be sure of watching this Closely.. I never had issues with my Small 2 pound Batches but I made a Large 8 pound batch that went haywire. So there is your warning..


The Soap Bar Qualities of this soap are as Following : 

Hardness - 33 
Cleansing - 14
Conditioning - 62 
Bubbly - 14 
Creamy - 2 
Iodine Before salt in lye - 83 
INS - 130

if you have any questions please ask in the Comments, I always reply.. if you want to see more let me know what you want to see and I will see what I can do. 

I hope you like this recipe if you do please let me know and if you make this recipe show me pictures I want to see your creations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment