Translate

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Welcome to Two Broke Homesteaders!

Welcome to Two Broke Homesteaders! This is our very first blog. What we plan on posting here are how two people states away help each other come up with new and creative ideas on Homesteading and prepping on a Budget. We Chose the name Two Broke Homesteaders because not only are neither of us financially solvent, but we are both disabled. My name is Jennifer, but I prefer to go by Taz, I have a teenage Daughter and a Husband in the Military, Living on a Military base severely limits my abilities on homesteading, but I am a creative soul and do what I can to be as self reliant as I can possibly be.  I Make my own soap, I make my own laundry detergent, I make bath and beauty products, I love to craft, I dehydrate food, and store it for long term storage, while I cant Garden or raise goats and chickens and other food animals like I want, it is something I am saving for and making plans for after my husband gets out of the military.   The other Blogger you will see is Lilith Raine from Little Minion Farm, you will often see me refer to her a Kitt. We have known each other for *mumble wumble* years, and she is one of my very best friends.  Lilith has 6 kids ranging currently from 5 to 17 years old, she lives on 15 Acres of land and is a Gardening goddess.  Homesteading is something we both are very passionate about and can talk for hours about it.. What you will find different about our blog compared to TONS of other blogs like this is that we will be talking about how we get around the problems of our Disabilities while Homesteading, I have PTSD, Anxiety, and I have broken my back twice and while I can walk, it is for short distances and I can not do a lot of stuff like normal able bodied people can, Lilith is legally Blind and has found ways around that as well. Lilith in the past has Raised a Turkey, and Chickens, and even Pigs, and will be getting back into that as soon as possible, unfortunately she had a MAJOR set back to her Homesteading back in August when she lost everything due to a fire.. so she is starting over and we get to join her on her Journey.   So I hope you will enjoy it here and feel free To Join in, comment, and ask any questions you would like.


No comments:

Post a Comment