Translate

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Basic Soap Recipe 3


Above is some Sandalwood soap I made using this recipe, if you are wondering what the dark spots in the middle are.. This recipe partially Gelled, and that is what causes the Dark spot in the middle. 


Hello Lovelies, It's Taz here with another Soap Recipe for you.  I will Again remind people that this is NOT a How to Blog post, it is simply the Recipe I use to make my soaps. Look on my Blog post for Vinolia soap, or Favorite Youtubers, posts for Where to go to learn about soap making and never attempt to make soap without proper Precautions and knowing at least the basics of soap making, and ALWAYS run any recipe through Soapcalc to make sure that you have it right. . With that said, let's get on this.


Ingredients you will need :

Lye
Purified or well filtered water

*Tussah Silk if you choose to use
* Sea Salt/ Pink Himalayan Sea salt  if you choose to use
* 1 Tsp of sugar if you choose to use


Coconut oil 92 degree
Cocoa Butter
Castor Oil
Rice Bran Oil, Refined
Olive oil

Fragrance or Essential oil of your choosing if you choose to use it.

If you would like to make a size other than a 2 pound recipe such as mine is the percentages are as follows


Water as a percent of Oil weight is 38%
Super fat 5%
Lyce Concentration 25.864%
Water : Lye Ratio 2.7225 :1

Coconut Oil 92 Degree - 25%
Cocoa Butter  - 12.5%
Castor Oil 6.25%
Rice Bran Oil Refined - 18.75%
Olive Oil - 37.5%


For my 2 Pound loaf Recipe this is the Amount of Lye, water, and oils That I used. Please Note that in EVERY Soap Recipe I add 1 TBSP of Pink Himalayan Sea salt and a cotton ball sized pinch of Tussah silk to the Lye water. To counteract the softness of this recipe, and increase the Bubbliness I added 1 TSP of regular sugar to the Lye water as well.


Water - 12.16 Ounces
Lye 4.47


Coconut oil, 92 degree - 8 ounces
Cocoa Butter - 4 ounces
Castor Oil - 2 ounces
Rice bran oil, refined - 6 ounces
Olive Oil - 12 ounces

1 ounce Fragrance oil or Essential oil

The Soap Qualities for this bar are

Hardness - 39
Cleansing - 17
Conditioning - 58
Bubbly - 23
Iodine before salt to lye water - 61
INS - 146


And, there you have it folks. I will do some of my more detailed Soap recipes soon, but I figured I would start with my Basics and work my way up from there!


No comments:

Post a Comment