Translate

Thursday, May 19, 2016

My Peach Mango Salsa Recipe

Hello My lovelies, I hope you are all doing well today,  Since I just got done making Peach Mango Salsa for my husband I thought I would share the recipe.



Now My recipe made 4 cups give or take.. and this is what I used, so be sure to take it and make it your own. 


What you will need : 

1/2  Red onion 
1 Lime 
Fresh Cilantro or Cilantro paste 
1 Fresh mango 
1 14 Ounce Can of Peach slices 
1 Large Jalapeno (you can use more if you like it spicy.. we really dont) 
1 Tsp Kosher salt 
4 medium to large Tomatoes 
1 Bell Pepper (I used Yellow) 

you can use your food processor or a knife, I used my Ninja Food processor for the Mango, and a combo of my Mandoline, and my Vidalia Chop Wizard for the rest of it. 

I chopped up my entire mango, and Gave it a few taps with my Food processor and plopped it in the bowl,
I then added my onion chopped with my Vidalia on the fine setting (which is what I used for the entire thing) 
Sliced my Bell pepper with my Mandoline and then chopped that up with my Vidalia
I sliced my Tomatoes with my Mandoline and chopped that up with my Vidalia 
I cut my Jalapeno in to 4ths after deseeding it and chopped with.. you guessed it my Vidalia 
finally I added my peaches then moved on to the seasonings so to speak 

I added 2 Tbsp of Cilantro paste, 1 tsp of Kosher salt and the entire Limes worth of Juice.. Mixed it up and there you go.. it took me about 20 minutes total but totally worth it. it taste delicious, and that is coming from me who does NOT like fruit in my Salsa other than the Tomatoes. 

so easy peasy I hope you make it and let me know what you think.. any questions please feel free to ask. 



***** Edit****

This recipe is very strong of Onion, and to get it right for my VERY picky husband we did test..

He did not like it chunky, he thought it was too oniony, and he didn't Know.. SOOO I added 2 more cans of peaches, a bit of the Juice, half a Clove of Garlic, two tablespoons of sugar, a Tablespoon of Honey and some Stewed Tomatoes.. Blended that to a finer consistency and he is a Happy camper..

SO If you like a more salsa type salsa.. Go with the first one.. if you want a very sweet slightly savory salsa.. go with HIS version.. I don't eat salsa since I have GERD, so this got made for him.. I hope you  figure out what works best for you.. Just Go with what makes you happy, get dirty, and experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment