Translate

Monday, May 9, 2016

Basic Soap Recipe 1

Hello Lovelies, It's Taz here with another Soap Recipe for you.  I will Again remind people that this is NOT a How to Blog post, it is simply the Recipe I use to make my soaps. Look on my Blog post for Vinolia soap, or Favorite Youtubers, posts for Where to go to learn about soap making and never attempt to make soap without proper Precautions and knowing at least the basics of soap making, and ALWAYS run any recipe through Soapcalc to make sure that you have it right. . With that said. HERE we go.

What Ingredients you will need :

Coconut oil 76 Degree
Vegetable Shortening for Cooking
Soybean oil
Lye
Water
Himalayan sea salt (if you choose to)
Tussah Silk (if you choose to)

The Basic Recipe using Percentages are :

Water 27.8%
super fat 5 %
Lye 33.333 %

Coconut oil 20.69 %
Shortening 55.17 %
Soybean oil 24.14 %



For my 2 Pound loaf Recipe this is the Amount of Lye, water, and oils That I used. Please Note that in EVERY Soap Recipe I add 1 TBSP of Pink Himalayan Sea salt and a cotton ball sized pinch of Tussah silk to the Lye water.

Water - 8.9 Ounces
Lye - 4.45 ounces

Coconut Oil - 6.62 ounces
Vegetable Shortening - 17.65 Ounces
Soybean Oil - 7.72 Ounces

Fragrance oil or essential oil 1 ounce

In this recipe The only thing you need to physically add heat to to melt is the Shortening, after that is melted the Coconut oil will melt with the heat of that and the Soybean oil is already at a liquid state.


The Soap Bar Qualities of this recipe are as follows :


Hardness - 35
Cleansing - 14
Conditioning - 60
Bubbly - 14
Creamy - 21
Iodine  without salt in lye water - 85
INS - 132

I hope that you enjoy this recipe and if you make it Please share pictures and let me see and comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment