Translate

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Vinolia Soap (Titanic soap) Recipe

Hello Lovelies, Taz here And I am gonna post some of my Personal Soap Recipes here..



Vinolia Soap is the same soap that they used on the Titanic, in the first class apartments, and it smells lovely and I LOVE it. It is easy to make,




  



Sorry I don't have any pictures of it cut, but After The FDA Changed Laws on Selling soap, I got very depressed and deleted a lot of my pictures of soap, I very much regret that decision.

Moving on..

Ingredients you will need :

Castor Oil
Coconut oil (76 Degree) 
Pig Tallow
Olive Oil
Shea Butter 
Rose Oil, or Rose Absolute Oil 
Lemon Oil
Titanium Dioxide
Lye


Okay Now First of all this is NOT an Introduction to soap making though I can give you links to great youtube sites to help you figure out the Basics of Soaping..

Soap Queen is great.. so Is Soaping 101.

So THIS is the Recipe for MY Vinolia Soap

From the Largest Percentage of oils to smallest

40% Virgin Olive Oil
25% Coconut oil 
20% Pig Tallow
10% Shea Butter
5 % Castor Oil 

Water to Lye Ratio of 2.7 : 1 ratio of water to Lye
this is a 5% Super fat / discount
and the lye Concentration is 26,929% 

For MY Two pound soap recipe I used This

Again Highest to lowest oils followed by Lye etc..

12.8 Ounces Virgin Olive Oil 
8 Ounces Coconut Oil 
6.4 Ounces Pig Tallow
3.2 Ounces Shea Butter
1.6 Ounces Castor Oil

12.6 Ounces Water
4.48 Ounces Lye 

*At this point I should point out to every loaf of soap I make I add one Tbsp Pink Himalayan Sea salt, and 1 cotton ball size pinch of Tussah Silk*

.5 Ounce Lemon oil
.5 Ounce Rose / Rose Absolute 
and 1-2 Tsp Titanium Dioxide

The Qualities of this soap are

Hardness - 39
Cleansing -17 
Conditioning - 56 
Bubbly  - 21 
Creamy - 27 
Iodine (without salt) - 58 
INS - 151 




I DO NOT recommend making soap without at least MINIMUM research on the subject, and with ANY recipe run it through a Soap Calculator Such as the one Here. 


If you use this recipe please Share pictures so I can see how yours turned out. Thank you much and see you soon with more soap recipes and other fun things you can do!

4 comments:

  1. I miss your soap posts. It sounds like it smells great. Is the cost of everything and the amount of soap it makes cheaper than buying it? I'm just curious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I wish I could say it was, but it's not.. I mean if you buy in Super bulk, or render your own lard etc.. you could get it pretty cheap per loaf.. but for MINE it cost about 2.00 a bar to make. It IS much Healthier for your skin, it doesn't contain Surfactants that Cause Cancer, it isn't a Detergent which most "Beauty bars" On the market are.. this is Honest genuine soap, and it's even better that Dove, Which is one of the last PURE soaps on the market, and even that is getting corrupted which is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why so much water? Seems like a lot. I normally use 8-11 oz in a 2.5 lb loaf. Learning...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this recipe will be making it soon.

    ReplyDelete